First impressions often become lasting impressions. In today’s world, most potential tenants begin their rental search online – they can effectively tour your home, both inside and out, without even driving by.
What are some of the main features of a home that can either deter or attract tenants? A little bit of work and a few simple upgrades can put your property at peak desirability.
- Are your appliances and fixtures outdated?
- Has the house been professionally cleaned from top to bottom?
- Oftentimes some newer appliances and a fresh coat of paint can make a world of difference in the eyes of a prospective renter.
- Is the flooring in your home worn and stained looking? There are many inexpensive options for flooring these days that can make a home look brand new.
- Is the house fully carpeted? Solid surface flooring is becoming increasingly popular and is often easier to maintain.
- Are the walls bright colors or are they an inviting neutral tone?
These are just a few of the things that you may consider when getting a property ready for the rental market. See how just a few simple and inexpensive changes may make your property one of the most popular rentals on the market.
Interested in learning more about how a few upgrades can increase your chances of finding the perfect tenants for your investment property? Reach out to the experts at Sweyer Property Management at 910.256.3031 or via our website.