Policies & Procedures
Rental Application Policy & Procedures Agreement
Applies To All Applicants:
The following Application Agreement will be signed by all applicants prior to signing a lease contract. While some of the information below may not yet be applicable to your situation, there are some provisions that may become applicable prior to signing a lease contract. In order to continue with this online application, you'll need to review the Application Agreement carefully and acknowledge that you accept its terms.
- Application Fees are non-refundable. You have delivered to our representative an application fee in the amount indicated below, and this payment partially defrays the cost of administrative paperwork. It's non-refundable.
- If You Fail to Sign Lease Contract After Approval. Unless we authorize otherwise in writing, you and all co-applicants and co-signers must sign the Lease Contract and pay required security deposit in a money order or cashier's check within 2 days after we give you our approval in person, by telephone or by email. If you or any co-applicant or co-signers fail to sign as required, we may terminate all further obligations under this Agreement.
- If You Withdraw Before Approval. If you or any co-applicant withdraws an Application or notifies us that you've changed your mind about renting the dwelling unit, the parties will then have no further obligation to each other. Application fees will be non-refundable.
- Completed Application. An Application will not be considered "completed" and a property will not be placed on "Application Pending" for you until all of the following have been provided to us: a separate Application has been fully filled out and signed by each applicant and co-signers (when applicable) applying with you, proof of income, photo ID and photo of pet (when applicable),and application fee has been paid to us. All are necessary for the Application to be considered completed.
- Processing of Application. Typically, it will take 48 business hours to process an application. You must not assume approval until you receive actual notice of approval.
- Keys or Access Devices. We'll furnish keys and/or access devices only after: (1) all parties have signed the contemplated Lease Contract and other rental documents referred to in the Lease Contract; and (2) all applicable rents and security deposits have been paid in full.
- Signature. Our reception of this application is consent only to this Application Agreement. It does not bind us to accept applicant or to sign the proposed Lease Contract.
Qualifications & Paperwork Needed:
- All persons occupying the property over the age of 18 must submit a Leaseholder Rental Application.
- Applications are accepted on a first come, first served basis.
- Application must be completed in its entirety & include all required documents, in addition to application Fees, to be accepted as first in line.
- The approval process typically takes 48 business hours from the time we receive the completed application.
- CREDIT HISTORY: Sweyer Property Management requires a Beacon Score of 600 or higher for standard acceptance.
- OCCUPANY HISTORY: Sweyer Property Management verifies 24 months of rental/ownership history. Positive record of timely payments, sufficient notice to vacate, and absence of violations/damages are required. NOTE: Family members nor will friends be considered as previous landlord reference.
- INCOME: Sweyer Property Management requires verifiable gross income (before taxes) be local & equal to 3 times the amount of monthly rent.
Acceptable forms of income verification: Last Pay Stub, Letter from Employer on Company Letterhead, OR last year's W-2, Plus 2 most recent bank statements.
Self-employed Applicants: Last year's tax return or certified verification from Applicant's accountant, Plus 2 most recent bank statements.
- APPLICATION FEE: $75 per Applicant
- PHOTO ID: All Applicants (18 & Older) must submit copy of valid state/government ID.
- PETS: All Applicants bringing any pet to a property must submit a PHOTO of their pet(s) with their Application. * Pet fees are required per approved pet. Additional refundable deposits may also be required.PETS must be pre-approved. $400 NON-REFUNDABLE PER Pet Fee Required - Max of 2 pets unless otherwise noted. PHOTO OF PET REQUIRED * Sweyer Property Management does not allow the following whether mixed or full breed: Pit Bulls/Staffordshire Terriers, Rottweilers, Dobermans, Chows, German Shepherds, Husky-types, Malamutes, Great Danes, Saint Bernards, Bull Mastiffs, Akitas or any other name associated with these breed.
If any of the above rental qualifications are not met, with the exception of negative rental history, a qualified Co-signer may be accepted if the property owner allows.
- Co-signers must have minimum credit score of 660, positive Rental/Mortgage history and have a gross income (before taxes) equal to 4 times the amount of monthly rent. Potential Co-signers must complete a Co-signer Application, Co-signer Addendum, & any other documents required by Agent. Co-signer will be fully responsible for the lease if the Tenant(s) defaults.
- Lease must be signed & Security Deposit paid in a money order or cashier's check within 2 business days of application approval.
- Leases are written to commence during business hours on weekdays only. Keys will only be available to pick up during our office hours Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM. Please note: Lease starts and key pick up will not be available on weekends or holidays.
- The property for which you have applied may have HOA restrictions in addition to agents lease restrictions. It is your responsibility to be aware and abide by rules of the community in which you choose to live. A copy of the HOA rules is available upon request.
- Below is a list of common violation items.
- Pet(s) may not be allowed to occupy a property.
- Boats, boat trailers, wreckers, RVs, commercial vehicles, work vehicles or any vehicle larger than a pick-up truck or standard SUV may not be allowed at the property.
- Sweyer Property Management does not allow trampolines, skateboard ramps, hot tubs, water beds or pools. Some HOAs may not allow playground equipment.
- Multiple vehicles may cause parking issues (such as parking on street) and will not be allowed.