Who is Responsible for what at the Rental Property?
Important Information For You
What Is The Landlord's Obligation For The Property?
- Deliver possession of the premises to the tenant at the beginning of the lease.
- Not interfere with the tenant's quiet enjoyment of the premises.
- Comply with current applicable building and housing codes.
- Make all repairs and keep the premises in good condition.
- Keep all common areas in safe conditions.
- Maintain and repair all electrical, plumbing, heating, ventilating, air conditioning and other facilities supplied by the lease agreement.
What Is The Tenant's Obligation For The Property?
- Pay rent on time
- Keep the premises clean
- Keep the premises safe
- Cause no "unsafe or unsanitary conditions in the common areas".
- Dispose of ashes, rubbish, garbage and such in a clean and safe manner.
- Keep all plumbing fixtures in the place of occupancy as clean as possible.
- Not deliberately destroy, deface, damage or remove any part of the premises or allow anyone else to do so.
- Comply with all applicable building and housing code obligations.
- Be responsible for all damages done to any property inside the place of occupancy, ordinary wear and tear expected.
What Is "Normal Wear And Tear"?
Common examples of "Damages Due to Ordinary Wear and Tear"
- Worn carpeting
- Faded or cracked paint
- Dirty windows or walls
- Frayed or broken curtain or blind strings
- Leaking faucet or toilets
- Small nail holes in walls (for hanging pictures)
- Worn lavatory Basin
- Burned-out range heating elements
Common examples of "Other Damages"
- Crayon marks on walls
- Large holes in walls
- Burned spots or stains on carpeting
- Bizarre or unauthorized paint colors
- Broken counter tops
- Filthy appliances requiring extraordinary cleaning
- Exceptionally filthy premises requiring extraordinary cleaning
If you still need to submit a maintenance request after reading through the FAQs, please do this through your Maintenance Portal below.
We have updated our system in order to make submitting maintenance requests easier for our tenants. With this update, you will need to create a new login.Sign in Now OR Create New Account